2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Is the new Chevy Silverado 1500 the right truck for your Henrico job sites and weekend excursions? The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds, so it’s equipped to handle even the toughest jobs you have in mind. Pair the Silverado’s tough towing specs with its hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and you get a light-duty truck with heavy-duty durability. In the towing guide down below, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Richmond covers the various Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity specs and the equipment needed to achieve them.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
Choose from five powerful engines for the Silverado 1500, each of which achieves impressive towing specs:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: Tow as much as 7,900 pounds with this engine, backed by 305 lb-ft of torque and 285 hp.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: With this upgrade, towing is increased to 9,600 pounds. Horsepower and torque also level up, achieving 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With Direct Fuel Management, this engine can tow 11,500 pounds while offering 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. The same engine can be configured with Active Fuel Management, which lowers the towing capacity to 10,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This is the engine required to tow 13,300 pounds. It’s available on the Silverado RST trim and generates an outstanding 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With turbo-diesel power, you can tow up to 9,500 pounds supported by 460 lb-ft of torque. Diesel also means you’ll be more fuel-efficient while hitting performance levels of up to 277 hp on Glen Allen roads.
Towing Mirrors for the Chevy Silverado & Other Features
There are lots of features available to make your trailering experience in the Silverado easier! Take a look at what comes standard or available, right here:
- Standard-Equipped Trailering Package: Every new Silverado is equipped with the Trailering Package, providing a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, automatic locking rear differential, 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Exclusively available on select trim levels, the upgraded Max Trailering Package provides the aforementioned equipment, plus the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and more.
- Towing Mirrors for the Chevy Silverado: In addition to the Hitch Guidance system inside your Silverado, you can add extended view towing mirrors to the exterior for a better view of traffic as you merge or change lanes on Goochland highways.
Find Your Silverado at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Richmond
We can’t wait to hand you the keys to your new Silverado 1500 in Richmond! Contact us to get started by setting up a test drive. Then, head over to our parts department to find towing mirrors for your Chevy Silverado and other great truck accessories. Still undecided? See how the Chevy Silverado beats the Ford F-150 in tow capacity.
Learn More at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Richmond
As critical chip shortages and global supply chain issues continued to impact the automotive industry, Chevrolet did something unexpected with the Bolt EV for the 2022 model year – they cut the price. The starting MSRP for the 2022 Bolt came in thousands of dollars less than the previous years, and it has been noticed…
The new GMC Acadia is a stylish, family-oriented SUV with an adventurous side. For 2022, there are four Acadia configurations available to match any lifestyle, including the trail-ready AT4 and the luxurious Denali. No matter which 2022 Acadia trim you choose to bring home to Henrico, you have your pick of a long list…
The new Chevy Bolt EV is one of the most popular electric vehicles in Henrico, known not only for its swift charging capabilities but also for its approachable price tag. Electric vehicles often require a heftier investment than their gas-powered counterparts, but the 2022 Chevy Bolt EV price starts at $32,495 MSRP, giving you a…